Sunday, June 27, 2010

Why I Hate Soccer

I'm gonna get tarred and feathered for this I just know it.

I won't pretend here, like so many World Cup crazed fake American soccer fans do. I'll admit, I watched the USA play England and I watched the USA play Ghana. Not because I like to watch the sport, but simply because I like to see America succeed on the world stage. Kind of like how I watch the Olympics. Half of the sports are snoozefests but I like to see Americans win. Now that the USA is out, soccer is out for me! And thank god!

90+ minutes of watching a bunch of guys run around like chickens with their heads cut off and flopping at any brush of contact like a fish out of water. It's worse than the NBA. Much, much worse! Then you have that incessant beehive a-buzzing away from start to finish. Really, I'm almost glad the USA got beat by Ghana so I'm not tempted to watch the games anymore.

The rest of the world can have futbol. This arrogant American will stick with good old fashioned baseball and American football.

4 comments:

Endo said...

I couldn't agree more. They resemble ants scurrying around after you kick over their hill!

Just think, only two more months until real football!

Gorges Smythe said...

I feel exactly the same way about football, baseball, basket ball, soccer, hockey, golf and bowling. I can see why people PLAY the games, I just can't figure out why someone would want to sit around and watch OTHER PEOPLE play!

Joe "Truth 101" Kelly said...

In the interest of bipartisanship among fellow Jesus loving Americans I agree with your assessment of the uselessness of soccer.


Now please stop this silly comment moderation of yours Hack. The world deserves to see my replies without delay.

Anonymous said...

Amen Brother Amen