Friday, October 1, 2010

Diane Sawyer's Islam in America: Questions and Answers segment airing tonight on ABC

You can bet I'll be watching this one with a keen eye. And I'll be back on here to report on it once it is finished.

Kudos to Diane Sawyer for at least acknowledging that Islamic tension exists in America. All too often we see the same old ignoring game from the media. However, I'm wary of the likely "happy-feely" tone we are likely to see from ABC. I fully expect this entire show to be nothing more than another "they are just like us" exhibit pandering to the American Muslim community. Expect brief jabs at the conservative right wing for being bigoted as well.

On second thought, maybe Diane Sawyer will surprise me.

The segment airs at 10 eastern/9 central time on ABC.

No comments: