Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Thoughts concerning Obama and the 2012 GOP Field

I'm sorry, but who does this guy think he is? Just when I think this arrogant, self righteous, Marx worshiping buffoon couldn't become any more vomit inducing, he goes and says something like this. Really, who is seriously contemplating voting for this guy next November?

What has he done during his tenure? He has aliened every single one of our allies while at the same time pandering to our enemies. A lot of good that has done. Iran, Venezuela, North Korea, Russia, and China still hate us. Now so does Israel and Britain. It would behoove you to remember Obama's thoughtful gift to the Queen of England herself...a shiny new Ipod with a playlist of Barack Obama speeches. Even worse treatment than that was given to Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu, who was not even given the courtesy a world leader deserves, being forced to enter the White House through the back door like some hired butler. But let's not stop at world diplomacy. Let's look at other, more outrageous things. Like nationalizing the auto, student loan, banking, and health care industries; effectively transitioning our already socialist-lite nation into full socialist. He has tripled the national debt, spending ungodly amounts of taxpayer money on failed policies, such as TARP, Cash for Clunkers, and soon to be Obamacare. If you know anything, or have watched the news at all over the past 3 years, you know we could go on, and on, and on, and on about Barack Obama's failures and disgusting character.

Now let's turn to the constantly morphing GOP field, which has seen numerous candidates exhibit a rise and painful fall. Michele Bachmann, Rick Perry, and Herman Cain have all risen and crashed. Newt Gingrich is next. Which leaves Mitt Romney and Ron Paul. This year's electorate and candidates are so unpredictable, there is no telling what might happen. It appears Sarah Palin might still get into the race, and if that happens, who knows where we will end up, besides a 2nd term for Obama of course. So, let's look at the candidates at hand right now. Ron Paul and Mitt Romney. I loathe each equally. There is no need to analyze these guys again, we have all done that enough times. If I had to pick one to be president I would easily choose Ron Paul. If I had to pick one to beat Obama it would be, and is, Mitt Romney. Sadly, we live in a day and age where substance of character is trumped by outward appearance. Ron Paul 20 years younger would be the ideal candidate. Michele Bachmann, Rick Perry, Ron Paul, and Newt Gingrich all have no chance of beating Obama in the debates. Why? Bachmann is a woman. Perry sounds borderline retarded and drunk. Paul is too old and too short. And Gingrich comes off as a grumpy, old white man. Mitt Romney however, has exhibited nothing but confident, calm, cool and collected answers every time. He is a smooth liar just like Obama. Fight fire with fire. Or should I say liar with liar. I hate to compromise. But we need to think of the bigger picture here and what is best for this country. It is a shame the GOP could not produce a truly conservative/libertarian candidate with the skills and ability to beat Obama. The way it is looking right now, and I know more are seeing this by the day, Mitt Romney is the only one with a legitimate chance.

1 comment:

Pumice said...

In the primary I am going to vote for Bachmann or Santorum. I have followed them over the years and find them to be consistent, honest and right. Since I live in the People's Republic of Kalifornia, one or both may have bowed out by the time I get a chance to vote. In that case I don't know what I will do. I might agree with Mitt Romney today, but one of us will change tomorrow when the wind changes. On Ron Paul, one commentator said he agreed with Ron Paul on 75% of the issues. It was the other 25% that worried him.

I hope the republic is strong enough to weather what is coming.

Grace and peace