Friday, April 15, 2011

Greetings from Iraq

It's been a long journey but I'm finally here in Baghdad and loving every minute of it (that's what I tell myself). Things are shutting down at an amazing rate here, and units are already preparing for departure as troops are scheduled to be in country no later than December 31. 2011. I am partaking in a very interesting and somewhat secretive mission. It is a gratifying one, and one that reinforces my belief in American EXCEPTIONALISM. We are a force for good. I see it first hand. And no red faced, bedwetting liberal will be able to convince me otherwise!

It's a different world here. I've had the opportunity to work with some awesome people, Americans, Iraqis, Kuwaitees, Nigerians, and Ugandans, and all have given us nothing short of a warm reception. I've talked to Iraqi translators who suffered horribly under the rule of Saddam Hussein. They believe in this mission, because they know the enormous amount of good we have done. I am proud to be here and regret nothing, including my support for this war since we dropped the first bomb in 2003.

Contrary to popular belief, things are still happening here. The media and general public may have forgotten but attacks still happen daily. Soldiers are still dying. And Iraqi civilians are still subjected to horrific attacks by terrorists here. The Pentagon may have changed the name from OIF (Operation Iraqi Freedom) to OND (Operation New Dawn) but it's the same war, same players, and same violence. A name change means nothing. Know this, whether CNN or Fox News or MSNBC decides to report on progress here or not, it makes no difference. We still have soldiers dying here.

I haven't been keeping up on the news much but I see our Dear Leader is still making a mess of things. I had to laugh when my buddy, a fellow soldier with me here, showed me this photo:

Like I've said in the past, the armed forces are overwhelmingly anti-Barry. He is the antithesis of everything we are. It will be a great day when Paul Ryan snatches the golden scepter from this maniac in charge.

Things are going well here and I'm going to try to blog again here shortly.

Keep the faith,

Hack

6 comments:

Randy-g said...

God bless you and all the troops!Stay safe.

Adrienne said...

Stay safe, Hack...

Mike aka Proof said...

Stay safe. Glad to see you back!

Gorges Smythe said...

Good to hear from you, Hack. Keep up the good work and God bless you and your buds.

Silverfiddle said...

Hack: This will probably be the most significant event of your life. Enjoy it and know you are doing great work. Try to avoid watching the news shows as you sit in the DFAC at night, it will just piss you off.

God bless you and stay safe.

Left Coast Rebel said...

Godspeed, Hack and please be safe!