Thursday, October 21, 2010

NPR shows its true colors

People often overlook NPR when it comes to categorizing or ranking media outlets for political bias. While MSNBC is often regarded as the the most overtly biased network, I beg to differ. NPR is, in my opinion, the most extreme left wing news outlet in this country, and proud of it.

This is evident in the recent firing of news analyst Juan Williams, who to many could be considered one of the more left of center political commentators out there, though surprisingly possessing some common sense at the same time.

Perhaps that is why NPR fired him. In a recent appearance on the Bill O'Reilly show Williams said...

"Look, Bill, I'm not a bigot. You know the kind of books I've written about the civil rights movement in this country. But when I get on the plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous."

Yes, that's it. How dare you Juan Williams you intolerant, insensitive, racist...who happens to be, uh, a black liberal. ???

That in itself should tell you where NPR lies on the political spectrum.

NPR says "How dare you wear that American flag pin!" 

1 comment:

Holger Awakens said...

I have a question about NPR. If it is funded to an extent by the Federal government, then why, in 2004 when we had a GOP President and a GOP Congress...why didn't we go in there and prop up a bunch of radical neo-con rightests as reporters and hosts?